Innovation and adaptability being native to their culture, the Business Operations Manager scoured the Oracle partner products’ landscape and discovered More4Apps Wizards. These are a suite of accelerator products designed to bring the power of Excel as a user-friendly data entry interface to Oracle EBS.
Sales consultants from More4Apps demonstrated the Sales Order Wizard as a way to work with the large amounts of changes they needed to make.
It was quickly tested and adopted for the sales order updates and included the following functionality:
- Entering and booking multiple sales order lines in mass
- Downloading sales order information and making any updates (scheduled dates, quantities, etc.
- Downloading quick ad-hoc orders information on to excel based on specified criteria
- Adding order attachments
- Adding/modifying Adjustments on existing order line
- Applying or releasing holds
- Adding or modifying service, contract, or serial information on order lines
- Within a matter of weeks, the business had managed to achieve the results required in about a tenth of the time originally estimated.
The savings from the initial project as well as ongoing maintenance during school book fairs or such events more than made up for the initial investment within the first year so the investment has achieved payback almost right away.
Now, this iconic publisher looks forward to their continued growth, secure in the knowledge that increased sales pose no threat to their ability to deliver orders in a timely manner.